Pipeline-Soil Interaction Modelling
Estado de curso
The purpose of this course is to provide good knowledge about the pipeline – soil interaction for students, geotechnical, and non-geotechnical engineers. In this course, the concepts of soil mechanics and their relationship to the pipeline – soil interaction are considered. Moreover, the course covers pipeline damages caused by geotechnical hazards such as landslides.
Several factors must consider during the design and after implementation stages of pipelines that can reduce future risks. Many methods can provide efficient monitoring of the pipelines and the soil movements, which are rated in this course.
This course will help engineers to predict the loads on the pipelines and expect any damages that may occur to the pipelines under the soil loads.
Temas de este curso
0. Course Summary
2. Soil Strength Testing and Interpretation
3. Pipeline – Soil Interaction
4. Geological Hazards on Pipeline
5. Importance of Geotechnical Investigations
6. Previous Researches on Pipelines Subject to Ground Movement
7. Maximum Soil Strength Derivation and Soil-Pipe Interaction Relationships
8. Pipe-Soil Interaction Considerations
9. Soil Movement Detection and Pipeline Monitoring
10. Mitigation Strategies
Acerca del instructor